A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
It's 2020, and the future is darker than we ever contemplated. You and many others have been locked away in automated internment camps. To the rest of the world you no longer exist, forgotten, cast aside, never to be seen again. Your crime? Exposing corruption at the highest levels of the government.
But your time in Camp 17 may now be over. If you're smart. If you're fast. If you're stealthy. Sneak out and obtain one of the Remote Diagnostic Tools. Use it to tune into the frequency and phase of the motion sensors, cameras and door locks. Slip by the cameras and motion sensors by matching their signal. Unlock doors by tuning into their signal.
Go fast. Go quiet. Escape.
Disclaimer: Resonance is still in development. The current download represents what we're aiming for with the introductory level.
Once you acquire the Remote Diagnostic Tool:
- Hold the Left Mouse Button and use the scrollwheel to change frequency
- Hold the Right Mouse Button and use the scroll wheel to change phase/rotation
Resonance was originally created as part of the 2017 Global Game Jam. We would like to thank RiverCity Labs for hosting us and Screen Queensland for providing food.
Resonance was developed by:
- Iain McManus - @IaintheIndie
- Jacob Duniam - @JacobDuniam
- Kalvin Pearce - @KalvinPearce
Update - 18 February, 2017
- Rebuilt intro level using higher detail assets
- Reworked mechanics for detection and hacking to support Cameras and Checkpoints
- Cameras are now hackable and will rotate to look at the player
- Checkpoints lock the player in for a time while they are scanned
- Added background music
To install and run Resonance:
- Locate the downloaded file (typically will be in your 'Downloads' folder).
- Extract the files. On most platforms you can do this by right clicking on the downloaded file and selecting 'Extract here'
- To run Resonance after extracting it double click on the Resonance icon. If you need to change resolution settings then hold down the Alt key while it launches.